Victory Rolls: a fabulous 5 step hair tutorial
What you need: a super chic hairstyle that pulls your hair out of your face, requires almost no tools & you can do in less than 5 minutes
The solution: victory rolls- those cute little rolls that were all the rage in the 1940s & are now loved by rockabilly & vintage fashionistas
Did you know? Their name was inspired by the resemblance of the swirls to the smoke patterns from the war planes. Women did not have access to bobby pins during the wartime era and so they used fabrics and wires to secure the style.
These rolls may look fancy, but in reality you're just 5 minutes away from fabulous! All you need is a comb & a few bobby pins.
1. Separate a section of hair for the top of the ear to the crown.
2. Tease the hair to help hold the style. You can tease the hair more for a bigger or thicker looking roll.
3. Wrap the section around two fingers & secure the end of the section between the fingers.
4. With a free hand ready, pull the fingers through the roll tucking the end in the center. Secure with your other hand.
5. Secure the style using bobby pins. I like to use one from the front & one from the back.
TIP: Cross your pins to make an X. This will help secure the pins & the style for all day hold.
Spray with hairspray if needed. If you have too many flyaways, use the combo give more definition.
Let me know how yours turn out! Use the hashtag #RevampBeauty on Instagram!