DIY: gilded clay storage bowl
polymer clay, 1 pack (I used a pearly white)
gold leaf paint
ceramic or pyrex bowl (heat safe!)
1. Knead the clay to soften.
2. Gently roll out into long 'wormy' shapes. *They should be long enough to cover from one side of your bowl to the other.
3. Lay your 'worms' over the bowl. Cross them over one another & create lots of overlapping. You may gently press the intersections together to add strength.
4. Bake at 275 for 30 minutes (or as specified by your specific clay).
5. Once cooled, use a sponge brush to add gold leaf detailing. I decided to do the ends of each piece of clay. You could do the base, one side... whatever makes you happiest.
6. Let dry.