DIY: getting pastel hair at home
Ah, pastel hair really warms my heart. Since quitting my day job (more about that here), my hair has been a lovely array of colors- fuschia, lavender & my favorite, soft pastel pink. Although I recommend getting the bleaching done by a professional if you're a brunette, like me, the color process is simple enough to do at home.
what you need
how to make it happen
1. Add about a teaspoon of dye to your mixing bowl.
2. Add a cup or more of conditioner & mix thoroughly. The color of the combination should be roughly the color you want your hair to be. Add conditioner or dye as needed.
3. Wearing gloves, coat hair with conditioner. I let mine sit for around an hour before rinsing.
4. Rinse & then love your candy-colored locks.
With such faint colors, you will need to re-dye often. Between dyes I use a purple tinted shampoo to keep brassiness away.
What color will you be dying your hair? Share your candy color with me on instagram. @RevampAmor
products I love
inspiration post: cotton candy hair
* this post contains affiliate links