Drinks: Cucumber & Jalapeño Cocktail
As the summer days have come to an end & the weather has cooled, I often find myself lounging on the patio & enjoying the sunshine. The heat of the sun and cool breeze have inspired a bit of day drinking as well. This week (and the past few weeks), we have been enjoying this cool, refreshing cocktail that packs a bit of heat in its finish- perfect for sunny, fall days.
fresh jalapeño fresh cucumber cucumber-infused vodka- learn to infuse your own! simple syrup sprite ice limes (1 per)
shaker juicer muddler (or something to use to muddle)
1. Cut cucumber into small pieces and add to the shaker.
2. Slice jalapeño into small bits. Add these to the cucumber bits in the shaker.
- This needs to be second onto your cutting board to that the cucumbers aren't absorbing the oils from the jalapeños yet.
- Be careful to separate out the seeds so that you have subtly heat, not fire.
3. Pour 1.5 ounces of your cucumber-infused vodka into the shaker.
4. Muddle the contents of the shaker.
5. Juice 1 lime. Add it to your mix.
6. Add a dash of simple syrup and ice. SHAKE! (Best to get out your frustration with life before you begin drinking) ;)
7. Strain the ingredients into your glass, & add a splash of sprite
8. Garnish with jalapeño peel.
Invite your friends, go outside, soak up a few extra rays & enjoy your afternoon.
-Samantha & Justin